Saturday, May 28, 2011

Strange adictions to Wordswithfriends

First up, I am not benefiting from talking about this game (they aren’t paying me to tell you about it), I have simply become addicted to WordswithFriends by Zynga.

Since getting my smart phone and finding this game on the android market I was just enjoying playing against the old random opponent and might I say, loosing poorly. So I went off the game somewhat and found other games. But then my heart longed to play a game against other real human beings. Flicking through my endless list of apps sitting in my phone I re-discovered words with friends. Then I went over to my brother in laws house and his house mate was playing the game. I was pumped. It didn’t even click to me that some of my friends could have the game? (how wrong I was...). It turned out this house mate was playing her boy friend (my groomsman, small world hey?) and so the quest to find more friends to share words with began.

A quick look up at the old FB page and within a few days I had found out that quite a considerable group of my friends where playing the damn game and we were all like, "geez I didn’t know you had this game too!"
So now it is common to wake up every morning with a list of about ten or so others waiting for me to make my move on the board. Isn’t it a wonderful age we live in where technology integrates so seamlessly into our lives... Hmmm maybe. But at the end of the day I've become addicted to it and I've found that there's actually a whole community out there (I should have guessed) that have created their own tournament play etc.
Look it up at  http://wordswithfriends.net/

Not really sure on what the point of this post was supposed to be about, but in any case if you have a smart phone (iphone and android) you'll love playing this game, at any hour...

0 comments:

Post a Comment