Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hurdling, the new planking

Ive just come across this latest trend, its called Hurdling. Its an adaption of planking - let me explain. In Australia we've been hit hard by this thing called "Planking". Essentially its a situation where a creative individual gets themself and a friend with a camera together to take a photo of them basically lying down in a funny place or circumstance. Heres what I mean:


So heres three different variations as far as I can tell that you can do with planking.
1. The artist plank
2. The improve plank
3. The planned/crazy /could hurt yourself plank

Even I've had a plank:

This is acutally a fourth type of plank.
4. The informative plank
I was using the medium of planking to show my friends on FB my new kitchen/the lights I installed and the railing you can see in the photo.

But Ive found a new type of trend. Its called "Hurdling"
This is the first add-on Ive seen to the planking trend where participants use their kinectic energy in the form posing themselves in a position where they are jumping over an object. Kinda funny stuff:



The main hurdler you can see in these is the founder of the hurdle, Bevan. You can join the Facebook group 'Hurdling' and be creative in the things you want to jump over...

0 comments:

Post a Comment